Monday, November 18, 2013

BEAUTY & THE BULLET


The recent change in weather has me feeling cold, sleepy, and frankly, hungryIn an effort to replace processed snacks with something cleaner, I re-read one of my favorite nutrition books Beauty Detox by Kimberly Snyder aka "the Bible" to us health-conscious gals. Her Glowing Green Smoothie was the perfect remedy to my excessive winter appetite. Not only do I whip this up for breakfast, its quick to make when I'm pressed for time or just have the munchies.


Kim recommends using the Vitamix, but I've decided to leave my savings account untouched and opted for a Nutribullet ($99!!). Also, it fills the void for my broken juicer. The smoothies are completely liquid and taste incredible. Here's my version of Kim's smoothie!

RECIPE:
-1 cup water
-2 ice cubes
-1 heaping handful of dark spinach
-1 heaping handful of dark lettuce
-1 half of an avocado
-2 bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner