Wednesday, February 12, 2014

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK PART 1: LESSONS IN LAYERING

My experience this season has been nothing short of freezing and fantastic. Here is Part 1 of my Fashion Week Diary..Enjoy!

Pre-Show Preparation:
Half of the fun is receiving bold invitations. Clockwise from the top right these are from Anna Sui, Desigual, and Christian Siriano.
 
The fabulous folks at Avon sent me a box of Beauty & Fashion essentials including moisturizing lip treatments and lipsticks, a portable phone charger, and hydrating hand cream.
 Angelo David Salon hooked me up with a complimentary blowout and manicure. They are so talented and quick! I'm wearing Essie 'Dive Bar.'


Shows:
REBECCA MINKOFF: This New York based designer gave a modern lesson in layering (fur beanies and metallic pops are a must). Models marched to the smooth beats of AlunaGeorge (take a listen, you'll soon be obsessed).

TRINA TURK: On the other hand, Turk's presentation offered a retro take on the layering trend. 

On the Scene:
I'm depending on my cozy CoffeeShop coat (and lots of layers) to keep me warm.

After a long day, a friend and I stumbled into the cozy Penny Farthing, in Union Square, and ate our hearts out. I had the delectable kale apple salad and bacon brussel sprouts (so delicious!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner