Thursday, February 13, 2014

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK PART 2: A NEW TAKE ON TEXTURE

Luckily, my entire second day of shows was spent inside Lincoln Center where I was shielded from the chill. In between shows, I relaxed in E!'s lounge and prepared for my graduate school interviews.

The three shows I attended each tackled a similar trend: texture. 

Shows:
MONIQUE LHUILLIER stuck to a monochromatic palette and used bold fabrics to create shape and glamour. 
    
  

SON JUNG WAN infused unexpected textures like fur, metallic panels, and gold lips together to create a futuristic look.
  

MARA HOFFMAN stuck to her signature tribal patterns to create the illusion of texture and leave the audience longing for a vacation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner